Apprenticeship Levy – The Headlines
- The Government is committed to a target of 3 million apprenticeship starts by 2020.
- 70% of these new starts will be funded by the Apprenticeship Levy
- The Apprenticeship Levy will be paid by all UK organisations with a PAYE wage bill in excess of £3M
- Levy will be charged at a rate of 0.5% of an employers pay bill.
- Monthly Levy payments will be taken by HMRC and paid into a digital apprenticeship account
- These payments can be saved for 24 months after which time they will pass back to central Government.
- The first payments will be taken in April 2017
- The government will top up your monthly levy payments by 10%
- Facilitated through the Apprenticeship Service (AS)
Once you decide to buy apprenticeship training through the apprenticeship service, the funds will be taken from your account each month to pay the training provider and the assessment organisation.
Calculate levy using calculator below
|Band No.||Total Cost||CSR Group Apprenticeship Offer||Duration||Standard|
|7||£5000||Level 2 Healthcare Science Assistant
L3 Team Leader / Supervisor
|9||£9000||Level 4 Healthcare Science Associate||24 months||Standard|
|13||£21000||Level 3 Laboratory Technician||24 months||Standard|
|15||£27000||Level 3 Science Manufacturing Technician
Level 5 Laboratory Scientist
Information from the Apprenticeship Service on how to add apprentices and set up payments on your DAS account.