Safeguarding our learners and staff alike, is of upmost importance to CSR Scientific Training. We have a dedicated Safeguarding Team, standing by to talk to any of our staff, learners or employers whenever they need them. Contact details are provided and we encourage all parties involved in our delivery to talk about their concerns.
Safeguarding exists to help ensure that everyone works and learns in a place where they feel safe and are surrounded by a positive working and learning environment. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and CSR strive to promote this ethos in all aspects of our work.
Equality and Diversity
CSR do our best to ensure that none of our learners or staff, at any point whilst at work or in education, feel that they are not receiving equal consideration or are being penalised due to their gender, race, sexual orientation, physical attributes, a disability or any other personal attribute outside of their control. And that:
- Everyone is welcome and will be treated fairly and equally
- We strive to provide the highest quality of teaching and a welcoming learning environment for all our students
- We will offer an open and accepting place of work to all staff
- We expect the best of ourselves and others
- We will respect everyone as an individual
- We believe we can achieve more by working together and striving for excellence
- We will seek to achieve the highest levels of quality in all aspects of our business
The Prevent strategy is part of the Government’s counter-terrorism strategy and aims to reduce the threat to the UK from terrorism. It is the duty of all Further Education providers to safeguard their learners, Prevent is about raising awareness and communicating in order to keep them both safe and within the law. The Prevent Duty is not about preventing people from having political and religious views but about supporting them to use those concerns and views in non-extremist ways. All CSR staff receive Prevent training in order for them to recognise the signs of extremism and deal with any issues appropriately.
CSR strives to ensure that our teaching and delivery always promotes and exemplifies the fundamental British Values set out by the Government to all of our learners. These include:
- Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs